Welcome to Reading & Mid Berkshire CAMRA
Welcome to the website of the Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) for Reading & Mid Berkshire branch!
CAMRA is the pub-goer's champion. We promote fine beers, ciders and perries in great pubs and defend the rights of the drinker. If you drink beer, cider, perry or like pubs CAMRA is the place for you!
Our next social event
- First Thursday of the Month Social Thursday 3 May 2018 20:00 Read description for location information
Our next branch meeting
- Branch Business Meeting Wednesday 16 May 2018 20:00 Butler, Reading
For more details on the events above, including location and maps, click on the event name. More information on other branch events can be found in the Branch Diary.
What is CAMRA?
Do you enjoy Real Ale, Real Cider or Real Perry in Real Pubs? Do you prefer to drink cask-conditioned ale to mass produced, mass market keg beer and lager? Does the continued threat against the unique flavours of real ale worry you? CAMRA is a national organization devoted to promoting real ale, cider and perry in real pubs, and Reading & Mid-Berkshire CAMRA, the local branch, is active both in campaigning for real ale, cider and perry, but also socially.
If any of these sound like you then CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale, may be just up your street. If you live in or near Reading, then Reading & Mid-Berkshire CAMRA are busy working to protect your pleasure. This website will show you who we are, what we do and how to join us. If you don't live in this area please visit the National Website.
- To maintain consumer rights
- To promote quality, choice and value for money
- To support the public house as a focus of community life
- To campaign for greater appreciation of traditional beers, ciders and perries as part of national heritage and culture
CAMRA is a volunteer organisation with over 175,000 members. CAMRA exists to promote good quality cask ales in good pubs. CAMRA has been described as the most successful consumer organisation in Europe.
More importantly than all of this, though, is that being a member of CAMRA is fun. Enjoying the finest quality cask ales, real cider and perry in Britain's best pubs is both a pleasure and a hobby. The fact that we are saving our unique heritage happens almost by accident.
CAMRA turned the tide of bland keg beer in the 1970s, when it looked likely that real ale might cease to exist. We have helped in the fight to stop breweries and pubs closing, and were instrumental in the introduction of all-day opening.
We are by no means complacent though. There are many fights still to be won - getting a full pint, or cutting the excessive UK duty on beer. You can help by joining CAMRA today. Our voice is listened to by government because we have so many members. Joining will further strengthen that voice.
If you want to carry on drinking good beer, cider and perry in great pubs, join CAMRA and protect your pleasure.
You can even get involved by becoming one of our Branch Officers, why not read the volunteer roles available here > (requires CAMRA member login)
Twitter / ReadingCAMRA
- Sunday, 18:00 : RT @Readingbeerfest: Coealiac? Veggie? Vegan? Allergic to pineapple? We've got you covered at #rbf18 - our beer orderers have put toge… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Wednesday 18th April, 10:00 : RT @Readingbeerfest: It's time to reveal the cask ale list for #rbf18! This year we have 552 diverse beers for you to try, including ov… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Wednesday 18th April, 08:00 : RT @Readingbeerfest: Cider and perry lovers rejoice - the list is ready! We have 133 ciders and 28 perries for you to explore at #rbf18… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Tuesday 17th April, 00:00 : RT @Readingbeerfest: Free Tuesday night? Get down to @AlehouseReading for the launch of Ricochet Brewery, the new label from… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Friday 13th April, 18:11 : On Sat 12th May the Association of British Brewery Collectibles are holding a meeting at @NagsHeadReading from noon… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
Twitter / readingbeerfest
- Monday, 10:00 : Drum roll, please.. Here are the breweries beginning with 'P' who'll be at #rbf18. P is for... @TheParkBrewery… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Monday, 07:03 : RT @LLBrewery: #LLB are going to the @Readingbeerfest this year, look out for our beers #camra #hoppyhilda #ahsparkspecial #pryde… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Sunday, 20:00 : We heard from @yoyoyochief that he has every Reading Beer Festival glass from 2002-2017, excepting 2006. Now Laura… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Sunday, 19:05 : A few more photos from the site mark out taken by Ron. All done and dusted for today - next step is the vehicle tra… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Sunday, 18:00 : Coealiac? Veggie? Vegan? Allergic to pineapple? We've got you covered at #rbf18 - our beer orderers have put toge… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Sunday, 14:11 : CAMRA looks to the future as its members call for positive change: ow.ly/jXps30jCdM4 pic.twitter.com/ycDfBbDNJZ
- Sunday, 09:55 : RT @CAMRA_AGM: We're back for the second Conference session of the weekend - stay tuned for updates on the remaining motions
- Saturday, 18:22 : The National Executive election results have just been announced: ow.ly/EkhC30jBPi0
- Saturday, 15:56 : The results of the vote on the Special Resolutions are in, and members of the Campaign for Real Ale have voted to a… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Saturday, 10:24 : CAMRA’s AGM is now under way - make sure to follow @CAMRA_AGM for all of the latest updates pic.twitter.com/k4goODcLdb
Twitter / camrabooks
- Friday 13th April, 15:09 : RT @TravelBegins40: The Ultimate Travel Guide to Belgium CAMRA Beer Guide — Travel Begins at 40 @visitflanders #visitflanders… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Wednesday 11th April, 10:39 : Available now on the CAMRA shop: tinyurl.com/GBGBelgium twitter.com/GlynnDavis/sta…
- Wednesday 7th March, 15:15 : Sadly this didn't get approved (bold is not so beautiful) but I would like to get some T-shirts out there to suppor… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- Tuesday 27th February, 11:28 : Available for the Siberian weather! CAMRA Logo Lambeth acrylic beanie hat ow.ly/669430iDFTT
- Monday 12th February, 18:00 : RT @LDbeerfest: As it's the end of an era next month becoming nostalgic. Here's the logo from 1991. pic.twitter.com/o3dMqveDhe